Seven Questions to Know Your Audience
Use these seven questions to develop a presentation by keeping your audience in mind.
Seven Questions to Know Your Audience: Your presentation is all about them
1. Who will be in the room? How many? What are they expecting?
2. What is it like to be them? What are they experiencing? How are they feeling?
3. What's in it for them? Why should they care? Why does your topic matter?
4. What you you want them to know? What should they remember? What are your three key messages?
5. How do you want them to engage? How might they participate? How can you create a conversation?
6. How will they react? How will you keep their attention?
7. How will you exceed their expectations? What methods will reach them? How will you make it memorable?
Tip 1: Create an outline for your talk.
Tip 2: Grab their attention (tell a story, ask a question, introduce a problem, etc).
Tip 3: Choose three key messages.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.