Seven Questions to Know Your Audience
DOWNLOAD_SevenQuestionstoknowyourAudience.pdf (472.05 KB)
2 - 5 Minutes
Use these seven questions to develop a presentation by keeping your audience in mind.
Seven Questions to Know Your Audience: Your presentation is all about them
- Who will be in the room? How many? What are they expecting?
- What is it like to be them? What are they experiencing? How are they feeling?
- What's in it for them? Why should they care? Why does your topic matter?
- What you you want them to know? What should they remember? What are your three key messages?
- How do you want them to engage? How might they participate? How can you create a conversation?
- How will they react? How will you keep their attention?
- How will you exceed their expectations? What methods will reach them? How will you make it memorable?
- Tip 1: Create an outline for your talk.
- Tip 2: Grab their attention (tell a story, ask a question, introduce a problem, etc).
- Tip 3: Choose three key messages.
Creative Commons Information
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.